Sales and Customer Care Team Leader
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Who you are
A contact centre leader with team management experience in a sales/customer service environment. You will be responsible for facilitating both world class customer care and managing re-engagement campaigns for Gousto’s customer base to maximise customer retention; inspiring in-house teams to provide the very best customer experience. Playing a key role by managing and developing both our Customer Ambassador & Subject Matter Expert teams, you will be a forward thinker, always looking at innovative ways to drive team performance. The Team Leader role sits within the Customer Care Management Team.
What you’ll do
- Surprise and delight Gousto’s customers with world class customer care through managing both an outbound focused Ambassador team and an inbound Subject Matter Expert team
- Improve contact centre efficiency and performance by focusing on the driving factors behind CSAT, productivity and cost per contact results
- Drive performance by utilising team engagement strategies and goal setting to motivate team members
- Continuously improve contact handling processes across telephone, email, chat and social media channels
- Lead all contact centre staff, developing a culture that epitomises Gousto’s ownership principles
- Conduct biweekly one to ones and coaching sessions with your team to mentor, up-skill and support your team to achieve excellent results for our customers
- Support and initiate process, training and performance improvement initiatives
- Utilise your teams to capture key customer insights in order to drive positive business change
- Constantly revise team structure and forecasts to ensure balance between outbound and inbound requirements are met
- Use a data driven approach to identify and act upon opportunities to improve outbound campaigns
- Manage call strategies to drive efficiencies
- Drive retention by managing a range of marketing call/engagement campaigns, ensuring key success metrics are met
- Work with internal stakeholders to ideate and launch new campaigns, ensuring high quality data sets are used
- Present end of campaign reports to internal stakeholders
- Compile end of month reporting for Finance
- Work with Subject Matter Expert team to set clear goals ensuring individual projects are contributing towards key departmental objectives
- Identify additional opportunities to utilise and share Subject Matter Expert team knowledge
- Identify and support change projects, which align with the objectives of the company
- Lead by example by handling contacts during peak times
- Role model Gousto’s ownership principles at all times
- Oversee a safe, clean and tidy working environment
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Gousto Management Team to contribute to the success of the company
- A strong background in a sales or customer care/service environment
- Great communication across various media platforms and collaborative stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in optimising contact centre and customer service performance
- An experienced leader and coach who knows how to get the best out of people
- Accustomed to managing multiple tasks against tight deadlines
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast paced environment
- An Innovative and entrepreneurial approach with a passion to succeed and overcome all obstacles
Extra skills we’d love
- Experience with Zendesk as a master administrator
- Experience with outbound dialer software
- Someone with experience within customer care in the food sector is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in contact centre forecasting, workforce management and capacity planning
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.