Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Hours / Days: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Responsible for leading day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, storing and distribution of goods. Hands-on role that requires effective motivation, coaching and engagement of team members to drive productivity and performance, developing and embedding best practice processes.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the strategic development of the function, continually reviewing structures, roles and operations to ensure it remains fit for purpose in a rapidly growing organisation.
- Research, plan, propose and implement future developments required to improve warehouse areas and productivity.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis
- Mentor, train and develop team for career progression and learning
- Identify training needs within your department on an ongoing basis and ensure that a training plan, including agreed timescales for implementation is maintained at all times.
- Develop and embed a series of Key Performance Indicators
- Produce regular reports and KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Reward and recognise performance and execute on progressive discipline as needed
- Oversee the timely and accurate receipt, checking and management of deliveries to site, ensuring they are accurately recorded onto the Warehouse Management System.
- Manage investigation and resolution of all stock-related problems.
- Oversee collation and movements of stock both physically and on the system to ensure accurate stock levels of goods for ongoing delivery of all orders.
- Maintain the WMS to achieve high service levels and ensure an efficient internal movement of stock whilst maintaining system accuracy.
- Ensure maintenance of efficient stock rotation and handling system including obsolete stock levels and make recommendations.
- Manage weekly, monthly and yearly stock counts as required.
- Health & Safety:
- Responsible for Health and Safety within Stores ensuring that all staff are adequately trained and provided with fit for purpose tools / equipment to fulfil their duties complying with all relevant H&S regulations, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Experience working in a stock-management role ideally in FMCG.
- Understanding of best practice processes in a warehouse environment and experience in successfully implementing and embedding them.
- Experience in successfully developing and managing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as interaction at all levels of the business and cross-functionally will be required.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to effectively manage workloads are a must in this fast-moving and challenging environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Problem solving.
- Ambitious and looking to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google apps (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Experience of using WMS and stock control systems.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.