Junior Technical Coordinator
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing independent companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous – one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food, while making a huge positive impact on household food waste along the way.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customers enjoy the good food they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured over £30 million funding this year from leading investors, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
About the role
We’re looking for a Junior Technical Coordinator to join us on our hugely exciting journey. Sitting within our Food team (part of Proposition).
The role will be based at our head office in Shepherd’s Bush, London.
Reporting to our Food Process Manager, you’ll join a team responsible for the creation of recipes, planning of menus and production of merchandising material.
Your personal responsibilities will include:
New and Existing Product Development (NPD and EPD)
- With guidance from line manager, coordinate day to day activities to deliver process improvements.
- Record routine safety and technical checks in the NPD and EPD process.
- Complete the final ‘test cook’ of recipes we see as high risk and issue food safety sign off.
- Ensure adequate safety measures are taken when interacting with members of the general public (e.g. PR requests).
- Validation of cooking standards for both specific methods and ingredients.
Recipe Card Creation and Amends
- Undertake the thorough checking of recipes before they go into production as ‘recipe cards’.
- Serve as the point person for amends to recipe cards.
Ensuring Consistency on Claims Across Our Website and App Experiences
- Interrogating information on all customer communication platforms to ensure consistency.
- Support culture of use of specifications and QAS in London ready for handover to Spalding on chosen ingredients.
Raising Internal Awareness of Food Safety
- Operate in a safe working manner and support the business on continuous improvement relating to health and safety.
- Raise awareness and compliance on food safety, allergens and nutritional information.
- Highlight potential compliance issues promptly through internal auditing and help to implement solutions.
- Maintain a testing & calibration schedule to verify food safety compliance.
- Ensure calibration of measurement equipment in accordance with schedules and procedures.
- Support the kitchen assistant providing support in times of absence/holiday cover.
You have some experience in process development/food technology and aspirations to progress this further. You are searching for a new challenge in a rapidly growing sector. You are excited by the opportunity to work in a business that embraces change and has a consistent product development pipeline. You’re easy to get along with and adept at driving change. You have strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Process/technical experience.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good level of written and spoken English and maths.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Educated to at least HND/HNC level in a food related subject.
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks