Category Lead - Meat, Fish & Poultry
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech are at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far.
By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger. Unbox possibility.
What You’ll Do
Develop deep product and business knowledge;
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer, product and supply chain; so you can source high quality ingredients at the best price
- Deeply understand the entire supply chain for every ingredient you source
Own supplier selection and management;
- Develop a strategic category plan for a given product area
- Ensure we have the latest insight into product quality and availability, allowing us to plan ahead
- Monitor supplier performance and drive change to ensure we hit our targets
- Set and deliver our tender calendar, following process and exceeding objectives
- Own cost price management, negotiating agreements that deliver our financial plan
- Work cross functionally to negotiate optimal delivery schedules and terms
- Agree and review our specifications in conjunction with Technical
Cross team collaboration;
- Work closely with Technical, Operations and Planning to ensure our ingredients arrive with the customer in optimal condition
- Collaborate with Food proposition on existing product development
- Where appropriate, own with Food proposition a sourcing calendar to maximise seasonal benefits and provenance
- Work closely with Marketing on product and sourcing credentials
- Continually evaluate customer communications with the Customer Care and Food team to refine and optimise the ingredient catalogue
People and Team;
- As a senior team member, mentor, coach and be a role model for junior colleagues
Who you are
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to work at a company whose vision is to disrupt the industry and provide a platform for change? Do you want to feel empowered? Then you are the right fit for us!
You love getting into the detail and are a produce expert. With a passion for produce and ability to influence cross functionally, you will be ready to tackle our unique supply chain head on, to deliver the best quality products to our customers, with the longest shelf life, at the best cost.
More Specifically, You’ll Have;
- A sharp intellect, grit, humility and emotional intelligence to get the best out of yourself, your team and your suppliers
- Deep experience in sourcing chilled, frozen or fresh ingredients
- Delivered commercial results with outstanding quality
- Launched successful new ranges
- A passion for interesting challenges and a desire to imagine and deliver a better way
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively and to drive change collaboratively
- Obsessed with Quality
- Deep commercial acumen
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration / stakeholder management skills
- Calm and considered when handling any issues
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks