People Operations (HR) Advisor - 9 months FTC
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK. Our busy People Operations team (based in Spalding, Lincolnshire) now require an additional People Advisor to join the business on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger. Unbox possibility!!!
Who you areYou are an organised and highly motivated people person with high interest in staff well-being. You have previous experience in a fast-paced Fresh Produce / Food Production and / or startup environment and possess strong work ethic and positive attitude.
What you’ll do
You will provide support with the the day to day operations of the People function, helping to improve the Goustonian’s journey with us!
- Work closely with managers providing them with guidance and support on a full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, performance management etc.), in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Company.
- Manage disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relation cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Company’s policies, best practice and employment legislation.
Learning and Development
- Review and deliver an effective new starter Induction / Onboarding programme to direct employees as and when required
- Ensure that all weekly paid staff have performance reviews in accordance with the Company’s procedure.
Payroll & Time and Attendance & Benefits
- Manage and process Weekly Payroll
- Provide input and support to People Operations Manager and business managers in respect of pay/benefit queries.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organised and comprehensive recruitment and selection process is carried out
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions
- Schedule and organise interviews. Participate in interviews as and when required.
- Prepare job offer letters, employee contracts, induction packs, reference request letters
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with the GDPR Regulations.
- Monitor and provide information on Key Performance Indicators.
- Organised, able to work accurately and with great attention to detail
- Approachable, confident, with great interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Employment Laws and best practices
- Tech savvy, comfortable using Google apps
- Passion for the people profession with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
Extra skills we’d love
- You will have good analytical skills, experience of report generation & analysis and strong IT/system skills including excel.
- Experience of psychometric testing would also be beneficial.
- Previous HR/software systems knowledge including Kronos, HRToolkit would be highly advantageous.
- Bachelor degree in Business or HR Management
- Level 5 CIPD Qualified or Equivalent
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.