Graduate Software Engineer
Gousto, the recipe box that powers sustainability research is on a mission to fuel family life. Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of Gousto. The code we write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
We are a passionate, determined and cohesive engineering team dedicated to delivering high quality software and the best possible experience for our customers. We are central to our strategy and pivotal to future growth of the business and looking for people to come and help make this possible.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
As a Graduate Software Engineer at Gousto you will:
- Work with our Product Managers, Head of Engineering and CTO to deliver high quality, enterprise-grade software solutions
- Develop new systems and features and maintain the existing code base
- Be responsible for code quality and implementing best practices
- Make suggestions and implement new technologies to improve our platforms
- Care for our platform - includes the life of the code, from the design, the code quality, the care for your components and potentially being part of a rota to provide weekend support every few months during our daily key processes.
Gousto are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our growing and highly bold team. We’re looking for people who:
- Love to code
- Spend time learning new technologies, experimenting with new frameworks, languages and design patterns
- Enjoy developing software in a fast paced startup environment
- Like to work collaboratively across product, design, test and business teams
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don't judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd's Bush office.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks