Data Analyst - Operations
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
As operations analyst you will sit at the heart of the business and be a trusted partner to senior stakeholders who are tackling some of Gousto’s most challenging problems.
This role will be based at our Spalding site and will be split between three main areas: delivering insight work to step change our metrics, providing ad-hoc reporting for urgent queries coming from senior stakeholders, and partnering with domain experts from the different operations departments to help ensure that we are making the right, data driven, decisions ensuring the success of Gousto for years to come.
With ambitious plans for 2019 (and beyond), we're looking for a strong analyst to make sure we are driving our KPIs in the right direction in addition to defining your own projects to improve our metrics.
You need to be inquisitive, someone who can interpret data and spot trends, with the ability to explain insights with clarity in a way people understand and are motivated by.
Who you are
You have strong analytical skills, great judgement, attention to detail, and a commitment to getting to the answer. You have the talent to own our operations reporting and ambition to further grow the businesses capabilities. You have a strong grasp of the basics of analytical reporting and can use your skills to tell a compelling story which you effectively communicate to peers, C-Level and in trading meetings. You are realistic and proactive, you operate a flexible system that can react quickly to changes and bring a positive attitude to your work lifting up those around you.
· Intermediate SQL skills (Postgres Ideally)
· Mathematical degree (e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
· Good organisation and communication skills
· Proactive - actively looks to improve processes and questions assumptions
· Commitment for understanding of both the business and consumer aspects of our product.
· Analytical horsepower: you can fetch the data you need, understand it and tell an airtight story around it
Extra skills we'd like
· Experience with R or python or similar programming language
· Experience working in Ecommerce
· Experience working in operations
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You take initiative and are a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave (to a maximum of 30 per year)
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Dr Gousto (Healthcare Provider)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events