It's not about the size of the dog in the fight; it's about the size of the fight in the dog.
We are not your average start-up. We have grown fast and we will grow even faster. We are full of passion and ambition - if you want to have a massive impact, this is the right place for you. 60% of our management team are former interns. You can change the world here and you will get challenged with lots of responsibility and be rewarded accordingly, cheer-led along your career.
We were voted retail business of the year by Startups UK, best recipe kit company by the Independent, Guardian, Metro and Time Out, and our CEO won young entrepreneur of the year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards. Our customer care team and our suppliers have been recognised by the industry as best-in-class.
With your help, we want to build an incredible business.
After the successful launch of our mobile applications last year, we are expanding our mobile development team.
You will be responsible for the continued development of our Android application. We are looking for someone who is passionate and creative who will be able to drive innovation and ensure we have the best app possible.
Ideally you will be showing interest in working with iOS as well. Our goal is to build a team of people passionate around mobile technologies and flexible when it comes to the technology they are working with.
Our challenges include
- Developing the best Android app we can, using the latest technologies, providing the best experience and reaching as many of our customers as possible.
- Evolving our backend APIs to now support Web, iOS and Android, We’re looking for someone that know what a well designed API looks like and can help to shape this by working closely with our API team.
- Working with legacy code and improving it, as long as making the architecture more scalable.
- Experience with:
- Java for Android
- Android SDK, latest APIs and frameworks
- Android Studio, Gradle
- Popular external libraries (Retrofit, Dagger, Gson, EventBus, ...)
- Unit Tests and Automation Tests
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Version control (Git)
- Contributed to apps in Google Play Store (examples welcome)
- Understand how to balance immediate product needs with long-term project health and maintainability
- Understand Material design guidelines without making it an absolute rule
Bonus points for
- Contributed to libraries for the Android community
- Interest and experience with UX design topics
- Experience with Swift iOS
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea and fruit provided every day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer & soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.