Head of Operational Systems
At Gousto, we're looking for someone to help us disrupt the online food industry. You will be helping people to discover, buy and cook delicious food at home without the hassle of recipe books and supermarkets, all with no food waste. We’ve grown rapidly since our founding in 2012 and have been investing heavily in our operational systems to build a truly automated and data driven capability that can deliver an ambitious roadmap in 2017 and beyond.
To support this growth, we’re looking for an experienced and hugely talented Head of Operational Systems to lead the continued evolution of our operational systems and ensure they seamlessly integrate into our bespoke e-commerce platform.
As Head of Operational Systems, you’ll be responsible for all the software needed to transform an order into a physical box of food, successfully delivered on our customer’s doorstep – a critical part of our business. You’ll be working closely with our CTO, COO and our team of data scientists to help shape our future architecture, systems and processes.
Most of all you’ll be passionate about making Gousto a success.
Shaping our technology architecture – We recognise that packaged software will play a key role in delivering our operational software capabilities. We plan to use packaged systems for ERP, MRP as well as Warehouse Management. However, we want to leverage these products without losing the agility that custom, in house software engineering can provide. This is where your architectural skills will be critical. By making the right decisions about what to buy and what to build we can remain agile, add real value where it matters and leverage our data to build the most efficient systems possible.
Delivering large change initiatives – We are growing quickly, this means that we need to manage a succession of large changes to our business. Be it additional sites, large software projects or proposition changes effecting our operational systems – You will play a critical role in their successful delivery.
Building a world class team – We are just at the beginning of our journey and will be looking to significantly invest in technology talent going forwards. Helping to build a truly great team will be a hugely important part of what you do.
Driving innovation – We not interested in building any old operation. We’re looking to use technology to truly innovate to provide the best possible experience for our customers and the most efficient operation for Gousto. For example, we’re looking to use historic pick data and deep learning algorithms to define the most optimal layout for our warehouse. We want you to continue to drive this level of innovation going forwards.
Powering the business through technology – You will also take complete ownership over the technology our teams use on a day to day business. From email to laptops to collaboration software we want to make sure our people have the best and most secure tools to do their job.
- Proven track record in delivering ERP, MRP and/or warehouse management systems in an online retail environment
- Ideally you have a strong software engineering background, with experience integrating packaged and bespoke software to deliver innovative technology platforms
- Experience managing software vendors in both self-hosted and SaaS relationships
- Experience of architecting systems in the public cloud (ideally AWS)
- You have a fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to the engineering team, to business stakeholders or to our leadership team.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focussed organisation.
- Proven experience of creating a forward-thinking technology culture.
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy an extra 5 days if needed
- Wine and beer provided every Friday evening during our regular tech and food demos
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Quarterly all-company socials
- Regular team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.