Head of Supply Chain
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
You are an experienced Head of Supply Chain or similar, hungry to scale a rapidly growing business to the next stage of it development and beyond, instilling operational excellence into every stage of the supply chain process.
You can quickly develop a clear vision for your function and are a highly articulate influencer, as comfortable presenting to our Board as you are to your own team.
You are naturally curious, adept at interpreting data and trends and championing change, constantly striving to be better
The successful candidate will have the experience and confidence to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and data-hungry environment – someone who thrives on the excitement of a growth company and can support this with experience, insight and their strategic implications.
You have excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across the whole organisation
Reporting to EVP Operations and a key member of our operations leadership team, the Head of Supply Chain will:
- own our 3PL courier relationships taking accountability for both cost and performance metrics
- own the planning and scheduling function taking accountability for JIT purchase of raw materials, scheduling within our repacking facility and labour planning on our production line
- have a clear mandate to drive OTIF working closely with our suppliers and internal stakeholders, using data and continuous improvement methodology to identify and implement new initiatives and process changes, as we constantly strive to improve the customer experience
- play a major role in developing our operation from single to multi site in the next 12 to 18 months requiring close cross-functional working both within the operations function but across the wider business including our tech, customer insight & proposition, customer care, finance and analytics functions
- lead by example and role model the Gousto Ownership Principles, mentor and coach direct reports, and the wider functional teams, motivating them to deliver best in class work that helps drives an improved customer experience both within your function but also across the wider operation team
- 10+ years experience of supply chain management either in industry, consulting or a combination of both
- Demonstrable experience of developing functions in a growing business using best practice
- An experienced team leader with the ability to inspire and engage your direct reports to be the best they can be
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors and influence at senior level inc C-suite
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written & presentations skills
- Experience of online and / or B2C operations preferable
- Experience within the food manufacturing or food FMCG preferable
- Working knowledge of Google Suite software and Dynamics 365 preferable
- Experience of managing budgets of £10m+
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Breakfast, Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
Our Operating Principles
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.