Customer Care: Weekend Agent
Gousto is a leading UK recipe box business that's disrupting the grocery market and challenging how we think about what we eat and what we waste.
We started as an idea at a kitchen table. Five years on, our recipes are being served on hundreds of thousands of kitchen tables each week – and our business is still growing rapidly!
Here are some of our achievements to date:
- We have been voted best recipe kit company by The Independent, The Guardian, Metro and Time Out.
- We were named Retail Business of the Year by Startups UK.
- Timo (our CEO) has won Young Entrepreneur of the Year at both the Great British Entrepreneur Awards and the IGD Awards.
- Our Customer Care team and our suppliers have been recognised by the industry as outstanding.
Since we began in 2012, we’ve built up an incredible team of passionate, visionary people who are driving the business forward in ways we’re really proud of. The dedication, tenacity, thought and care of our team is the foundation that Gousto is built on. We take ownership of our actions and empower others to do the same. Now, we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us and grow our business over the years to come.
About the Role
As a Customer Care Agent, your role is to be the first point of contact when a customer has a query regarding Gousto. This could be anything from helping them change their delivery frequency, to recommending a wine in the Marketplace, to liaising with our couriers on their behalf.
You'll be responsible for:
- Handling customer enquiries and complaints across phone, email and chat in a positive and professional manner.
- Contributing to overall customer engagement by making outbound contacts to existing customers.
- Completing various admin tasks across the week in a diligent and thorough manner.
- Keeping a finger on customer happiness and reporting back on difficulties faced on a constructive manner.
Our team is full of motivated individuals who are passionate and confident when it comes to interacting with customers. We're looking for someone who'll fit in, and who ideally has some previous experience of working in customer care.
More specifics on skills required:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Methodical working and good time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Professional & confident phone manner and excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively multi-task and handle multiple channels
- Ability to understand and work towards team and individual KPIs
- Go the extra mile to engage and please our customers
This is a part-time, 20 hour per week role, which will involve working Saturday and Sunday from 10-7pm and then 4 hours on a weekday/evening.
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Refreshments, ice cream and fruit provided every single day
- Friday evening drinks
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 30% for your family and friends
- Free Gousto jacket
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are dedicated to equal opportunities in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and believe it’s fundamental to represent both genders in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.