Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Our logistics team is looking for an experienced logistics manager to take ownership of our 3rd party courier performance, reporting directly to the Head of Logistics. You will have a clear mandate to drive OTIF, working closely with our account managers to implement new initiatives and process changes, ensuring that our perishable product is prioritised in their networks.
Your role will also require you to work cross-functionally, taking responsibility for ensuring that our customers “delivery experience” is as friction less as possible, for example working with our customer care and tech teams to deliver pro-active notification of any delays, address queries etc.
At Gousto we pride ourselves on delivering a world class service, so the right person for the job will not be content with anything other than being best in class. To be successful in this role you will have a relentless desire to deliver industry leading performance, with sights set on 100% OTIF.
We expect the right candidate to be able to take on the responsibilities of this role, while continually looking for ways to implement change and improve processes. You will be constantly challenging the norms and looking for opportunities to drive the department forward, so having natural drive is essential.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Daily interaction with account managers
· Designing and implementing performance improvement strategy, gaining buy in from both internal and external stakeholders
· Build and manage a team of logistics co-ordinators, ensuring coverage 7 days per week
· Identifying performance trends and taking action where systemic problems are identified
· Developing risk mitigation strategies to reduce the impact of adverse weather, scheduled road closures etc
· Compile and present weekly reports to both internal and external stakeholders
· Attending key stakeholders meetings both on and off site
· Standing in for the Head of Logistics where and when required
· Being the key point of escalation for troubleshooting live issues
· Managing all processes associated with the successful fulfilment of orders (eg. Pallet repatriation, collection scheduling etc)
· Taking ownership of invoice reconciliation
· Ensuring courier compliance for both general and food-safety specific requirements
We’re looking for someone who is a forward thinker and full of fresh and innovative ideas; someone who wants responsibility, takes ownership and pushes for improvements.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
· Have a minimum of 5 years operational experience
· Have experience working with multiple 3PL’s (specifically final mile)
· Have experience in managing supplier relationships
· Be Excel competent (intermediate level – vlookups/pivots etc should be a doddle for you)
· Be process driven with exceptional attention to detail
· Be flexible so as to develop the role to best meet the changing needs of a growing company
Ideally you will also have:
· An interest in the food industry
· Worked in a high growth start-up
· A keen interest in final mile technological innovations
Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
Access to Gousto Academy training courses
Cycle to work scheme
Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.