Please include a sample of your work when applying
Who you are
An experienced designer with proven experience in design within a brand/marketing team or comms agency. You will be responsible for delivering high impact and effective communications for Gousto and working with the Head of Design to build and maintain the Gousto brand. You’ll be confident in generating conceptual thinking, have solid technical expertise and a ‘can do’ approach to making things happen. You take ownership of projects, working directly with key stakeholders to understand requirements and respond with brilliant creative solutions. The Senior Designer sits within the Brand Marketing team as part of the Creative Studio and reports directly to our Head of Creative.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for designing impactful and effective marketing communications in response to internal briefs - emails, flyers, packaging, events collateral, social media and digital campaigns
- You will have a strong handle on our competitors and look to generate distinctive creative ideas that set us apart from the rest
- You will test, learn and optimise across all of our marketing channels to continuously improve the performance of our campaigns
- You will make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you, providing clear rationale if needed
- You will conceptualise seasonal campaign ideas and be empowered to drive them forward - negotiating and bringing in freelance support if required (photographers, videographers, animators)
- You are self disciplined and able to lead the creative process from scamp through to execution - working alongside a copywriter as needed and owning your deadlines
- You will be a brand guardian for Gousto; ensuring we deliver our brand purpose and adhere to guidelines
- You will bring a positive energy and a strong creative point of view to the design community and Gousto as a whole
- Degree in art or design.
- Extensive years experience (with a marketing/communications focus)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- A varied portfolio of work (branding, print, digital, social media)
- Ability to create original, impactful, persuasive and conceptually compelling work
- Good working knowledge of design best practices (i.e. composition, colour theory, layout, branding, typography, video, etc).
- Experience in setting up and sending print-ready artwork.
- Have a strong eye and confident art direction
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Confident communicator, versed in brainstorming and presenting idea routes.
- A developing technical mindset across responsive and mobile-first design
- A finger on the pulse of cutting-edge trends
- Passionate and committed to pushing brands
- Strong understanding of Social Media platforms, their design aesthetics and how to push strong creative campaigns that influence a specific audience through them.
- A creative thinker
- Experienced in 360 campaign and marketing communication roll out
- Creatively aided and worked with brands and or in a brand guardian capacity
- Understanding of designing for digital and social platforms
Extra skills we’d love
- Pen tablet experience advantageous.
- Fast-paced agency experience.
- Video or animation skills
- An eye for and an interest in photography, or styling experience.
- An understanding of HTML & CSS preferred, but not a necessity.
- Expertise with After Effects or other video editing software.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks