Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
To operate, set up and maintain machinery ensuring the interminable and efficient running of production. This will require working whilst line operatives are on breaks & taking breaks at different times. This is to enable the set-up or to carry out planned preventative maintenance activities, either on own initiative or in collaboration with engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Demonstrate ability to competently operate the machines
- Demonstrate ability of how the machine works
- Able to identify problems with machine or packaging & set-up to account for variation from the norm within limits.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start up production with identification and rectification of issues during start up and changeover.
- Printer settings, cleaning and fault rectification.
- Control and adjustment of basic machinery settings (e.g. speed).
- Carry out lock out / tag out procedures for energy supplies as required.
- Removal of non-electrical covers to identify issues and problems.
- Ensuring that all machinery in operation is appropriately lubricated as per engineering schedules.
- Use of pressurised air to clean machinery.
- Demonstrate ability to do maintenance strip down, identify defects & replace parts.
- Proactive maintenance of machinery i.e. replacement of belts and bands.
- tripping and rebuilding of mechanical parts as required.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift and inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Pick face re-address capability
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain maintenance activity logs
- Ability to show others machine operations, safety & maintenance competencies & outline common issues.
- Level 3
- Identification of machine parts details form components & manuals to enable sourcing of replacement parts
- Working towards Qualification/Authorised to mechanically strip down machine parts & rebuild (within 6 months)
- Working towards Qualification/Authorised to electrically disconnect & reconnect like for like (within 2yrs)
- Demonstrate ability to identify & record Root Cause (RCA)
- Ability to generate training literature to train others in machine competences & carry out assessments to confirm learning.
- Supporting with delivery of key departmental KPI’s.
- Identification of down time issues
- Identification & recording of OTIF issues
- Identification, reporting & rectification of machine issues
- Previous experience gained within a similar role preferably in FMCG environment.
- Mechanically minded with working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and problem solving.
- Ambitious and looking to progress in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of production procedures and adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear).
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Coffee and Tea provided every single day to keep you fresh
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.