Frontend Software Engineer
It's not about the size of the dog in the fight; it's about the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
We are not your average start-up. We have grown fast and we will grow even faster. We are full of passion and ambition - if you want to have a massive impact, this is the right place for you. 60% of our management team are former interns. You can change the world here and you will get challenged with lots of responsibility and be rewarded accordingly, cheer-led along your career.
We were voted retail business of the year by Startups UK, best recipe kit company by the Independent, Guardian, Metro and Time Out, and our CEO won young entrepreneur of the year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards. Our customer care team and our suppliers have been recognised by the industry as best-in-class.
With your help, we want to build an incredible business.
We are a passionate, determined and cohesive engineering team dedicated to delivering high quality software and the best possible experience for our customers. Software and technology is at the heart of our business, central to our strategy and pivotal to future growth of the business. We are looking for people to come and help make this possible.
What are we looking for?
Gousto are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our growing and highly ambitious team. We’re looking for people who:
- Love to code
- Spend time learning new technologies, experimenting with new frameworks, languages and design patterns
- Enjoy developing software in a fast paced startup environment
- Like to work collaboratively across product, design, test and business teams
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Gousto you will:
- Work with our Product Managers, CIO and VP Engineering to deliver high quality, enterprise-grade software solutions
- Develop new systems and features and maintain the existing code base
- Be responsible for code quality and implementing best practices
- Make suggestions and implement new technologies to improve our platforms
- Experience with modern FE Tooling (angular, react, webpack, ...)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Comfortable with a Unix shell
Bonus points for:
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea and fruit provided every day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer & soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.