Senior Product Manager - eCommerce
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
This is a key role within the Digital Product team. Digital Product is responsible for discovering and developing opportunities for new digital products and experiences which support our ambitious growth plan, and then getting them to market. Reporting to the VP Digital Product, you will be responsible for releasing commercial value for Gousto by ensuring that new and existing customers have an exceptional experience when discovering, selecting and receiving their physical products.
You will work extensively with commercial, marketing, operations, customer services plus with product designers, developers and the senior management team to deeply understand the customer needs and commercial outcomes.
You’ll drive digital direction and strategy for a major part of our digital experience. We are in the process of building a strong culture of autonomous goal-oriented teams, we are looking for great product people to build great experiences for our customers and to help build great product teams with Gousto.
This role involves working in an agile environment where you will have the role of product owner, so you will be responsible for maintaining the product backlog, leading refinement and planning sessions, and defining priorities.
You will do;
- Build and develop a digital product strategy within our ‘Demand’ tribe, with long term vision and short term roadmap
- Constantly improve the digital experience for the customer, both internal and external
- Champion customer needs through qual and quant
- Be embedded in a cross-functional team delivering value to the customer through frictionless discovery journeys, personalisation and customisation
- Provide leadership to the tribe in which the team operates, guiding discovery and delivery towards our shared outcomes
- Create and deliver a clear roadmap towards those outcomes
- Lead the ideation, development and launch of new features and capabilities, tracking and learning from their performance
- Drive product development with a team of world class engineers, UX and UI designers, and data analysts
- Integrate usability testing, research and market analysis into product ideation to enhance the customer experience
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
You will be;
- Highly commercially minded - understanding customer value, and driving commercial performance through providing that value to the customer
- Deeply customer centric - understanding and using the power of qualitative research and user-centric design
- Intensely analytical - you use quantitative data at the heart of decision making, and you are familiar with AB testing principles. You use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive performance
- Highly collaborative - you excel at communication, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions and opportunities in order to drive decision and action. You build deep relationship based on trust and respect
- Natural mentor - you enjoy learning and sharing your learnings with others
- Strong product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Agile product management experience
- Have a customer centric approach to problems whilst maintaining a sharp focus on commercial metrics
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re inventive, a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.