At Gousto, we're looking for someone to help us disrupt the online food industry. You will be helping people to discover, buy and cook delicious food at home without the hassle of recipe books and supermarkets, all with no food waste. We’ve grown rapidly since our founding in 2012 and following another large VC investment we’re now scaling from a small development team to a larger tech organisation delivering across multiple scrum teams and multiple channels (web, iOS, Android).
To support this growth we’re transitioning to a micro services architecture and to do this properly we know we need to invest in a sophisticated CI and deployment pipeline. This will enable developers to quickly and easily deploy new services, delivering new features into the hands of our customers as quickly as possible.
As the first platform engineer to join the team you will be responsible for “paving the way to production” for our developers. This means supporting and enhancing our existing deployment pipeline as well as carrying out R&D into new technologies like AWS Lambda to understand how these can be utilised to manage our environments going forwards.
Our challenges include
- Moving to a microservices architecture whilst maintaining consistency, predictability and performance of our systems
- Introducing better automation to test our code and infrastructure prior to it being released into production systems
- Scaling operations. To support our high growth we need to introduce new technology into our warehouse whilst still maintaining a “cloud first” approach
- Gaining far greater intelligence about how customers are interacting with us - This will require a click stream analysis pipeline using tools like AWS Kinesis.
The role would suit someone with Cloud based sys admin experience or someone with a software development background with a strong interest in building a platform engineering skillset. You should have a Computer Science or similar background and be looking for a high growth role, responsibility and ownership.
- Experience supporting development and production systems in AWS
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible (our favourite)
- Experience with a language used to automate infrastructure management (we use Python)
- Experience in building and/or supporting CI and deployment pipelines
- 3+ years experience supporting production systems
- Version control (Git)
- MySQL administration and troubleshooting
Bonus points for
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience building out microservices architectures
- Experience with MVC frameworks (we use Laravel)
- AWS Cloudformation
- Snowplow event analytics
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Coffee, tea and fruit provided every day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer & soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after a year
- Quarterly all-company socials
- Regular team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.