Operations Development Manager
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Shaping the future of Gousto, the Operations Development Manager sits as part of the wider Operations team, driving continuous improvement to our market leading operations that enables us to further disrupt the industry and change our customers lives for the better. A “hands on” role, this person will lead key operational focused projects and be a major influence on other cross functional projects that support our ambitious growth targets and use data, insight and financial modelling to influence multiple stakeholders and drive the right prioritisation decisions. Reporting to the Head of Operations Development, the successful candidate will successfully deliver complex programmes of work in a high pace environment. Working hand in hand with Technology and Operations and other key teams, you will we need to split your time between London and our production facility in Spalding.
What you’ll do
- “Making it Happen” working with teams to find solutions to complex problems that matter, such as analysing how we can step change the quality of our ingredients through end to end process improvement.
- Lead delivery of key strategic transformations that build operational capability through working closely with Tech and Operational teams.
- Set up and run cross functional project teams with Technology, Operations, Proposition and Digital Product to drive the programme forward.
- Collaborate with teams to map out changes required across people, process and systems taking these plans and turning them into action using your ability to overcome resistance to ensure improvements are embedded.
- Prioritise resource efforts with Operations, Technology and Finance to ensure we focus our efforts on projects that the biggest impact on our strategic objectives.
- Break down complex deliverables into clear achievable steps that are understood by our teams.
- Set what good looks like for projects, leading assessments post launch to ensure we continue learning and improve our delivery capability
- Collaborate with the management team to define what our future operating model looks like, ensuring we continue to lead the market in terms of efficiency and our proposition.
- “Think Big” using data and constant innovative thinking to identify opportunities for us to improve the way things are done.
- Develop business cases and project assessments to ensure we prioritise initiatives that move the needle on the KPIs that matter.
Who you are
An ambitious self starter who loves high levels of autonomy and leads change with a real bias for action. You ideally have 4+ years of experience in operations, supply chain, consumer facing product, consulting or in a strategy function at a top-tier FMCG or retail organisation. You’ve delivered cross functional operational change projects and have left a significant legacy in previous roles. You are able to build relationships at all levels of an organisation through great communication skills that drive engagement on the initiative that you are working on. People come to you to help solve complex problems and you are regularly called upon you for your cross functional expertise. A process optimizer who constantly challenges the status quo, you are highly commercial and regularly use data to drive action.
Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
Access to Gousto Academy training courses
Cycle to work scheme
Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.