Junior Recipe Developer
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Food is at the heart of everything we do. As a Junior Recipe Developer your job will be to create delicious recipes that can be replicated in the homes of our customers throughout the country. You’ll also be supporting the team in updating our existing recipes to ensure they are aligned with our ever-changing customer needs. The Junior Recipe Developer sits within the Product Proposition team and reports directly to one of our Senior Recipe Developers. You’ll be based at our head office (The Shepherds Building Central, Shepherd’s Bush, London W14 0EE), which is fitted with a brand-new development kitchen. You’ll also work closely with our Operations team, based in Spalding, Lincolnshire who pack and ship our boxes to be enjoyed around the country.
Who you are
We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic foodie, who is looking to explore a career in recipe development. You’ll be responsible for developing recipes that are enjoyed by thousands of households around the country, so an exceptional knowledge of food, desire to learn and attention to detail are essential. You’ll be an expert at working in a collaborative environment, doing whatever needs to be done to support the team and its goals.
What you’ll do
- Develop recipes from ideation to launch
- Follow our Recipe Development Process, ensuring all development gates and food safety requirements are adhered to
- Act on customer feedback, redeveloping and retesting recipes to make improvements where necessary
- Support the Food team by making changes to improve our existing recipes
- Follow the latest trends to ensure we’re at the forefront of the food industry
- Be at the front line of recipe testing, ensuring that recipes are rigorously tested with high attention to detail
- A whizz in the kitchen, passionate about all things food
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to learn with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and organised
- Good level of written and spoken English and maths
- Good level of computer competency
- Desire to make a difference to our customers’ lives
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's extremely important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.