Marketing Paid Internship (Retention)
Our job in Retention at Gousto is to encourage more of our customers to make repeat purchases. Put simply, we want to get customers ordering recipes from us on a regular basis after making their initial purchase.
As Intern in the team, you will take a hands-on role in our day-to-day work. More detail on what you’ll be doing is given below: in summary, expect to be getting involved in everything from administrative work, to optimising campaigns, to special projects.
This is 6-month internship, during which we want you to make a tangible difference to our business. The below responsibilities give more detail on how we see that happening.
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Credit application: applying cash incentives (credit) to customers accounts on an ongoing basis to encourage their continued purchase.
- Reporting: ensuring the smooth running and accuracy of reporting across campaigns, including web, email and call.
Optimisation responsibilities include:
- Conversion: running ‘micro’ tests on 1-to-2 box activity to make incremental improvements to conversion. This could include things like copy & image changes in email and call list filtering.
- Engagement: collecting top content from across the business for our engagement communications to customers, such as the newsletter and weekly menu notifications.
Special projects responsibilities include:
- Process: defining a company-wide process for putting items in-the-box, including rules for the insertion of marketing material and sign-off procedures.
- Giveaways: sourcing freebies (such as bags of crisps or chocolate) to go in-the-box, to surprise and delight our customers.
In summary, this is an opportunity to get closely involved with a small team of talented people working on a difficult real life problem (with responsibility guaranteed from day one).
We're looking for someone who is bright with a great attitude (wants responsibility, takes ownership, pushes for improvements). These are the most important things for us, with the following also a benefit:
- Good degree from a top-rated University.
- Comfortable with numbers.
- Natural hustler. Wants to get stuff done quickly.
Finally, we're looking for someone to join us for 6-months starting ASAP, so it's important to be able to commit on this length of time.
- Paid internship.
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Refreshments, ice cream and fruit provided every single day
- Friday evening drinks
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 30% for your family and friends
- Free Gousto jacket
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are dedicated to equal opportunities in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and believe it’s fundamental to represent both genders in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.