Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Purpose of the role
To manage areas of responsibility ensuring that business and departmental targets and objectives are continually achieved..
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that health and safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Play a key role in promoting health and safety awareness on site. Drive uptake and completion of near misses by ops as well as managers.
- Work closely with the planning and supply chain team to ensure resources are available to meet order requirements whilst effectively managing costs.
- Lead the continuous improvement agenda in all areas of the manufacturing operation to challenge cost, service (OTIF) and quality standards.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team and understood.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure machinery is effectively maintained and serviced. Work with Eng supervisor to ensure availability of, and training of tech ops in the team.
- Recruit, build and train high performing teams as well as define and monitor budgets, set targets and define clear career progression opportunities for staff within the production area.
- Develop and maintain a quality culture to ensure quality and technical standards are understood and embraced by the operational team.
- Appropriately manage the performance of all team members through the use of performance management systems. Undertake weekly 1-1’s with supervisors.
- Plan, organise and measure labour requirements to ensure agreed targets are met. Control cost of production and overheads
- Maintain absenteeism levels within your department at or below 3%.
- Appraise and regularly review direct report managers to ensure individual and company objectives are achieved.
- Coach and develop your team to ensure business succession plans and individual career aspirations are met.
- Ensure that any documented non-conformances relating to product safety, quality and legality are investigated and corrective action put in place as appropriate and within a week of receipt.
- Play a key role in capital expenditure projects.
- Supporting with the delivery of key departmental KPI’s.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience gained within a similar role in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward-thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility and problem-solving.
- Budgetary/ financial awareness.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership skills, keen to develop, educate and drive change from within.
- Lean competency and or Lean project experience.
- Food Safety Level 3, HACCP and IOSH
- Holidays - 23 days of holiday (inc. bank holidays) increasing with the length of service.
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea provided every single day to keep you fresh