UX Designer - Website & Apps
We are not your average start-up. We have grown fast and we will grow even faster. We are full of passion and ambition - if you want to have a massive impact, this is the right place for you. 25% of our management team are former interns. You can change the world here and you will get challenged with lots of responsibility and be rewarded accordingly, cheer-led along your career.
We were voted retail business of the year by Startups UK, best recipe kit company by the Independent, Guardian, Metro and Time Out, and our CEO won young entrepreneur of the year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards. Our customer care team and our suppliers have been recognised by the industry as premier.
With your help, we want to build an incredible business.
We are looking to grow our User Experience team here at Gousto and are looking for a well rounded UX Specialist who’s eager to be involved in every step of the product process including research, prototyping, and design.
Our ideal candidate will have top notch communication skills, must be confident managing stakeholders and working closely with developers all while pushing for the best customer experience by using usability best practice, research, and innovative design solutions.
You love problem solving through design and complex requirements don’t scare you. You’re inquisitive, passionate about giving users what they need, and eager to speak to customers directly. You’re happy to work on a small design team and wear a lot of different hats. You’ll work on a variety of projects here and have a big impact on the digital product.
- Establish digital product recommendations based on research and industry best practice
- Produce end-to-end design solutions for user and business needs
- Create wireframes, user journeys, functional prototypes, and UI designs
- Conduct User Research for Gousto’s digital products
- Work closely with Product Owners and Developers to ship features
- Experienced UX/UI Designer with a good understanding of front end development and agile methodologies
- Happy to produce design assets ready for development
- Passionate about customer experience
- Able to plan and facilitate user research using a variety of methods
- Ability to manage time and UX project pipeline with a proven ability to deliver
- Happy to work with a variety of stakeholders, socialising designs and iterating with feedback
- Confident presenting work to the business, including senior management
- Understand the business as a whole and build UX solutions that solve customer and business problems
- ECommerce and cross-platform design experience (Web, Mobile web, Android, iOS) are all nice to have
- We use Sketch, Axure, inVision, and Adobe Creative Suite most but love to dabble with other tools as well. We don’t mind what tools you use, as long as you have a way to create interactive prototypes to get your ideas across to the business and developers, and you are comfortable providing ready for web/app assets.
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea, ice cream and fruit provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 30% for your family and friends
- Free Gousto jacket
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.