Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started!
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Gousto is looking for an ambitious and motivated in-house legal advisor who will report directly to the company’s General Counsel. This role will offer the right candidate exciting depth and breadth of experience.
Who are you?
You are a qualified lawyer happy to turn your hand to a wide range of legal issues as you provide advice to all areas of this fast paced high growth business. You must be a confident communicator and have experience drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial terms and advising on legal compliance. Many issues you face will be outside of your main areas of expertise but you will be able to make quick, intelligent risk assessments and you will be happy to manage external legal counsel and associated costs where necessary.
- Passionate about working in a high growth, fast paced business
- Qualified in England and Wales
- At least 0-2 years post qualification experience (this is a guideline only - all candidates with relevant experience will be considered)
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial terms
- Experience resolving basic legal queries
- Ability to translate and summarise complex legal matters into sensible commercial proposals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear and confident communicator
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.