Marketing Finance Analyst
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started!
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
What you’ll do
- Business partner with the marketing team to evaluate new marketing tactics / promotions / discounts / channels, identify savings & efficiency opportunities, and review the effectiveness and ROI of current marketing activities.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and insight support to the Marketing team and other key stakeholders.
- Business expertise - develop a detailed understanding of our costs and the relevant KPIs that can help drive and control the business. Become the go-to person for questions and financial/analytical support for the marketing teams.
- Cost control - complete analytical reviews into key spend to enable costs to be effectively challenged.
- Monthend - determine the marketing accruals and prepayments at monthend, ensuring costs are accurately recognised in line with Corporate & Financial guidelines. Support preparation of the monthly management accounts & analysis of KPIs.
- Monthly reporting - prepare timely and accurate monthly budget reports to Head of FP&A and Management, detailing actuals vs budget performance, and analysis on key trends and variances.
- Annual budget - work with marketing budget owners to support Finance Managers & Head of FP&A prepare the annual budget, providing insightful variance analysis of key performance drivers and building block changes.
- Internal control - work with budget owners to improve their use of the Purchase Order Management System, ensuring that the system is accurately maintained.
We are looking for an ambitious finance analyst with a naturally curious mindset and a proactive attitude to join our team! In this role you will business partner with the marketing team, providing invaluable insights on performance to enable key business decisions to be made. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a fast-growth business on an incredible journey to support and build out the finance function as we scale.
- CIMA/ACCA part-qualified (or willingness to start qualification)
- Excellent numerical and computer skills (essential: Excel & desired: Google Suite - sheets, docs, slides)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- A proactive attitude, curious mindset and a logical approach
- Independent and able to find solutions to problems
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Honesty and discretion - you’ll be dealing with sensitive information
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Extra skills we’d love
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics (D365)
- Experience with financial month end process
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave (to a maximum of 30 per year)
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Dr Gousto (Healthcare Provider)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.