Please include a sample of your work when applying
Who you are
We’re looking for an efficient Junior Designer with a keen eye for detail and a growing conviction in their design decisions. We always look for passionate, positive attitudes across our entire team - from day one you’ll hit the ground running attending client meetings and contributing creative output across an array of projects, so we’re looking for an accomplished designer with initiative and a strong, can-do work ethic. The Junior Designer sits within the Brand Marketing team as part of the Creative Studio.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for designing impactful and effective marketing communications in response to internal briefs - emails, flyers, packaging, events collateral, social media and digital campaigns
- You will work collaboratively with the Senior Design and Head of Creative to manage creative projects - taking their input and guidance where needed
- You are self disciplined, able to manage your own workloads and manage stakeholders on delivery and sign off
- Repetitive tasks certainly do not bore you. You will test, learn and optimise across all of our marketing channels to continuously improve the performance of our campaigns
- You will have a strong handle on our competitors and look to generate distinctive creative ideas that set us apart from the rest
- You will make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you, providing clear rationale if needed
- You will be a brand guardian for Gousto; ensuring we deliver our brand purpose and adhere to guidelines
- You will be a positive energy and a strong creative point of view to the design community and Gousto as a whole
- Degree in art or design.
- Experience (with a marketing/communications focus)
- An Adobe CC superstar, also knows Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator like
the back of your hand
- Impressive portfolio, a keen eye, and clear passion for design and creative
thinking. As well as commercial work we love to see personal projects too
- Good working knowledge of design best practices (i.e. composition, colour theory, layout, branding, typography, video, etc).
- Natural problem solver, open to different ways of thinking
- Innately curious and always on the look-out to learn new things
- Good grounding in art-working skills: knowledge of retouching process,
preparing digital assets for upload and pulling together presentations
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Confident communicator, versed in brainstorming and presenting idea routes.
- A developing technical mindset across responsive and mobile-first design
- A finger on the pulse of cutting-edge trends
- Enthusiastic about art direction, on-set photography and video production
and keen to get more experience here
- Self motivated and passionate about design and learning
Extra skills we’d love
- Skills in Premier and After-Effects useful but not a deal-breaker!
- Fast-paced agency experience.
- An eye for and an interest in photography, or styling experience.
- An understanding of HTML & CSS preferred, but not a necessity.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.