Senior Product Analyst
What you'll do
This role is diverse, it ranges from doing data modelling and behavioural analysis, to working closely with Product Managers and Developers as part of both Discovery and Delivery.
With millions of rows of data behind you, you’ve got an opportunity to have a big impact on the business. For example, you may discover new insight which leads to a bold new hypothesis, then working with Product Managers to put this theory into action with experimentation in our App, and then subsequently provide analysis on test significance, selection bias and roadmaps. You will recommend next steps based on the insight you have gathered and suggest improvements to further optimise.
We are investing in analytics, and you will help shape the vision, process and structure for how we grow. There’ll be endless opportunities to hone your query optimisation and data skills when Data Modelling. Using our ETL process tool (Airflow), you’ll add structure to our unstructured events data (from Snowplow). These will be leveraged by less proficient SQL users to gain insight from our digital data or when building in-depth reports on the health of our data and products.
And last but not least, you’ll be a part of ensuring Gousto becomes even more data driven as we grow. Using your vast knowledge around data you’ll work alongside developers to ensure data is tracked in a way that it is scalable for our reporting tools and is in the simplest format for insights to make sure data and analysis are at the heart of decision-making.
Working with our Product Managers, the rest of the analytics team and other key stakeholders the scope of the role is significant. Even now we’re just scratching the surface so you’ll have the opportunity to take the role in whichever way is best for the company and for you.
WHO YOU ARE
You have strong analytical skills, great judgement, attention to detail, love solving problems and finding insight.
You understand statistics and behavioural data and can combine them to tell a compelling story which you effectively communicate to peers, C-Level and any other area of Gousto.
We are growing our analytics capabilities, helping define, shape and lead the future of Analytics at Gousto excites you rather than scares you! You are realistic and proactive, you operate a flexible system that can react quickly to changes. You don’t want to be told what to do, you identify the opportunities to raise the bar for analytics, but also for how we make decisions across Gousto.
- Experience in digital product analytics (or similar)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Mathematical degree (e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
- Experience with ETL and query optimisation
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Proactive - actively looks to improve processes and questions assumptions
- Commitment for understanding of both the business and consumer aspects of our product.
- Analytical horsepower: you can fetch the data you need, understand it and tell an airtight story around it
EXTRA EXPERIENCE WE'D LIKE
- Proactively extracting insights that drive business decisions, demonstrating how you champion and communicate them
- Online testing / optimisation (e.g. Optimizely)
- Working with tools such as Snowplow or similar, plus product analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Amplitude or similar)
- R or python or similar programming language
- Working in Ecommerce
- Working embedded in cross-functional teams, or working very closely with them
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You take initiative and are a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.