Consumer Insight & Strategy Manager
Who you are
We’re on the hunt for a dynamic Insight & Strategy Manager to join our Proposition Strategy team and help us create the best product & service for our ever-growing customer base. You’ll help Gousto become even more customer obsessed, by making their voices heard and improving products and services to best fit their needs.
You need to be inquisitive, someone who can interpret data and spot trends, with the ability to explain insights with clarity in a way people understand and are motivated by.
You should have strong experience with primary & secondary quantitative, and qualitative research. You will be responsible for understanding the consumer (both current customer and addressable market), developing insights and bringing the implications into business decisions.
The successful candidate will have the experience and confidence to work in an agile, ambiguous and data-hungry environment – someone who can manage high-quality research projects end-to-end and translate research into strategic insights.
You’ll need to demonstrate how you push for the best at all times and are passionate about creating success through understanding and championing the customer. You'll have excellent communication skills to make your points head, and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels across the organisation to embed a customer-first approach.
What you’ll do
- Develop and represent “Voice of the Customer,” providing consultation to senior management and marketing teams on customer and market insight, championing customer obsession and promoting its use in all strategic decision making
- Develop external market insights to identify customer opportunities and weak spots, and shape strategic recommendations founded in insight
- Translate business needs into cost-effective and appropriate research methodologies
- Manage ad-hoc strategic projects supporting proposition growth focused on proposition development testing including designing & running qualitative research.
- Lead customer research panel, community management, & analysis
- Manage research relationships with external agencies and internal partners
- Lead the customer closeness programme to engage internal stakeholders to think customer-first.
- Support the brand marketing team on creative development testing & optimisation
- Management of Insight budget
- Line manage & develop Consumer Insight Analyst
- Analytical degree with minimum 2:1 achieved from a top-tied university; MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a consumer insights/ strategy role, e.g.: market research, consulting
- Comfort working independently as the lead insight professional in the business, and flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities
- Ability to design and execute multiple research projects simultaneously
- Experience of in-house research tools & methodologies (online sources, surveys, interviews etc.) and experience of managing agency relationships ensuring best business outcomes
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to make persuasive arguments and articulate key messages
- Enthusiastic, team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors and influence at senior level inc C-suite & CEO
- Logical thinker with the ability to think through issues in a structured way and derive insights from research
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving and statistical capabilities with the ability to transform analysis and insight into meaningful, storytelling presentations
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite software.
Extra skills we’d love
- Experience in conducting and facilitating focus groups, workshops and/or in-depth interviews
- Experience with analytics software tools like SPSS and SQL a plus
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.