Customer Care Trainer
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Who you are
A customer service professional with 1+ years experience in the Customer Care or Contact Centre sector. You will be responsible for facilitating world class customer care for Gousto’s customer base to maximize customer retention; inspiring an in-house team to provide the very best customer experience. The Customer Care Trainer role sits within the Customer Care Team and reports directly to the Customer Solutions Manager. Their role is to educate our customer service teams both in London, Spalding and our home working teams, developing educational material and organising training sessions for new hires and existing team members. Ultimately, you will make sure our customer care agents develop their skills and knowledge in order to successfully address our customers needs.
What you’ll do
- You will surprise and delight Gousto’s customers with world class customer care
- Develop and maintain training material for new starters and the existing team on relelvant topics to improve the performance and meet the requirements of their role.
- Onboard new starters, providing an introduction to Gousto, the CC team and office environment across both London, Spalding and Virtual contact centres.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Gousto policies and procedures to ensure training or the CC team is kept up to speed changes.
- Create workshops, group and individual training sessions
- The ability to engage learners at all levels and deliver training through a variety of methods including one-to-one, group discussions, participation, use of visuals and innovative 'games' and activities to keep the trainees engaged
- Conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills such as conflict management and negotiation
- Liaise with management and senior staff to identify individual agent skill and knowledge gaps, and provide top-up training where needed
- Liaise with other departments to ensure training is up to date and on brand
- Schedule regular training sessions with existing staff to cover any knowledge and performance improvement areas.
- Maintain updated records of training
- Assess the impact of training sessions on staff performance and customer satisfaction.
- The CC Trainer to be a consistent high performer. This means regularly hitting (and striving to hit) OKRs, across a quarter.
- Have a willingness to frequently travel between London and Spalding, or any other location required for the role
- Have an open, patient and approachable demeanor at all times
- Clear and calm communicator
- Ability to think fast on your feet to adapt training methods to suit often mixed ability groups
- Familiarity with creative and interactive learning
- Confidence in public speaking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The Customer Care Trainer must have a strong understanding of our brand and to be a role model in the public domain.
- They must have good time keeping skills, be punctual for work and be able to meet deadlines.
- We expect the CC Trainer to show all of the hallmarks of becoming a future leader. This means having the best stats in the department (above), constantly abiding to policy and offering natural peer-to-peer mentorship.
- You will be professional in your nature and eager to develop. This means communicating and working efficiently with other departments, providing solutions to problems and participating in Ongoing Training.
- The CC trainer will put the customer first and be an advocate for our team. You will regularly go the extra mile to retain customers and take the time to stay up-to-date with developments across the wider business.
Extra skills we’d love
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Zendesk
- Previous experience of quality assurance and training of customer care agents is preferred
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
Salary: £23,500 per annum + Benefits