Stock Controller (Quality Intake Checks)
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
To ensure that intake checks are completed on all products that arrive from suppliers to make sure that they conform to an agreed specification from a safety, quality and legality point of view. Once approved, products are receipted in a timely manner onto the warehouse management system and internal movement of stock is controlled, whilst maintaining system accuracy. If rejected, the items are put into an isolation area and the relevant rejection paperwork completed and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.The position is for times of 7.00am to 3.00pm working from Wednesday to Sunday (Monday & Tuesday off). There’s never been a better time to join us, so if you enjoy working alongside smart thinkers, with extraordinary drive, passion and talent, they apply now!
- Conduct quality assessments on inbound materials against specifications.
- Ensure that the business is audit ready at all times and the GMP standards are maintained throughout the site.
- Complete records and logs for all activities according to procedure.
- Control and documentation of isolated and other non-conforming products.
- Order picking - preparing correct stock and with correct amounts required for repackaging, picking etc.
- Ensure before each end of shift that all products are stored in correct temperature area
- Carry out regular stock checks and counts
- Ensure that all stores and despatch area are kept tidy (dollies, pallets and waste).
- Supporting with delivery of key departmental KPI’s.
Receiving Stock/Goods in/Dispatching
- Unload inbound safely and move goods to correct storage area with appropriate stock rotation
- Usage of forklift in storage areas and pallet trucks in production area
- Ensure that all deliveries are received on time, reporting to Supervisor if any running out of scheduled times
- Correct fulfilment of inbound and outbound paperwork:
- Ensure that all inbound or outbound shipments are free of damage, report any quality issues to Supervisor
- Collections signed
- Previous experience gained within a similar role preferably in FMCG environment.
- Counterbalance / Reach truck / Pallet Truck licences would be beneficial.
- Good IT skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must in this fast moving and challenging
- A confident and forward thinking team player. Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and problem solving. Ambitious and looking to progress in a fast-
- Experience of using WMS and stock control systems.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Holidays - 21 days of holiday (including bank holidays) if working 4 on 4 off shift.
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Coffee and Tea provided every single day to keep you fresh
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.