Head of People Operations
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Who you are
We are looking for a world-class people leader who will manage the People Operations team in our London office (200+ employees and growing rapidly) Leading a team of four, you will:
- define the team’s vision and strategy; lead, develop and mentor your team
- support our overall growth via effective & efficient HR processes
- be responsible for all people matters in the London office; partner with stakeholders (incl. senior management) to provide support & guidance
- play an important role in alignment between our London office and Spalding (Lincolnshire) fulfilment centre
- take ownership of our employee lifecycle and use data to foster a culture where everyone can thrive
What you'll do
The Head of People Operations role can be split into three parts: Operations, Advisory and Engagement.
- Increase the efficiency and impact of our core HR processes. Work with your team to own and level-up our people frameworks, including but not limited to: performance, progression and compensation.
- Design the People Operations team roadmap and lead operational projects. Partner cross-functionally on projects such as implementing a new HRIS and designing working norms / target SLAs.
- Maintain responsibility for general compliance including regulations, paperwork, and reporting. Lead the evaluation of new employment law and development of processes to ensure compliance. Adapt policies and procedures where necessary.
- Strategic planning, prioritization and implementation of your own team’s vision and goals. Mentor team members in their personal and professional development. Develop and empower managers on your team to lead on your behalf.
- Provide employment law advice to managers in partnership with our General Counsel.
- Advise, counsel and support senior leaders on employee relations, performance and engagement. (See note below on Business Partnering)
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure we hire the right people for our culture. Be an active stakeholder in talent planning across the business to ensure we hire and retain the best people.
Please note: we do not have a Business Partner at Gousto, hence there is an element of ‘greenfield’ to work with stakeholders and make it your own.
- Own engagement scores; evaluate and apply data to support decision and action plans; share reporting with senior leadership team.
- Create and maintain an agile and ongoing performance feedback process, including teaching effective feedback techniques across the organisation.
- You are an agile practitioner
- You simplify HR by reducing complexity & waste
- You make data driven, evidence-based decisions
- You are solutions orientated
- You prefer small, empowered teams that give autonomy and purpose
- You consider the outside world / strategic setting
- You are a culture champion
- You have considerable experience in leading people, talent, or progressive HR roles
- You have leadership experience at high-growth technology companies
- You have a track record of improving people operations in a product-centric, digital company
- You have experience delivering cross-functional change
- You have built and developed a world-class People Operations team that creates a tangible impact on our business and people
- You can communicate effectively and build lasting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- You can define and deliver a vision
- You can anticipate future needs and opportunities
- You can inspire a team
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave (up to a max. 30 days)
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Dr Gousto Healthcare by Babylon Health
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every day
- Friday socials
- Opportunity to test new recipes at home
- Free Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.