Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
What you will do
Market insight collation and reporting
- Collate market insight to share with the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Seek new sources of data to inform our decision making
Supply chain mapping
- Develop a deep understanding of our supply chains to identify cost structures and release value
- Writing up end to end maps and presenting insight to the team
Sample management and competitor benchmarking
- Review samples upon receipt with the buying manager, building an image library and sample feedback database
- Manage sample storage and samples at end of life
- Benchmark ingredients by category, against recipe kit competitors and supermarkets
Supplier and product set up and amendment
- Creating new suppliers and products in our system, across food, packaging, Market
- Managing price changes for the team
- Maintaining nutritional information accuracy for our ingredients
- Build tools that allow the team to conduct audits accurately and efficiently
Internal and external communication
- With our buying team – creating and sharing category spend reports
- With our suppliers – from sharing forecasts to supporting when the team are on leave
- With our marketing team - maintaining our monthly customer communication calendar with great content
Customer Care support
- Proactively create a new database of information to reduce contacts between customer care and buying
- Providing our customer care team with timely responses to customer queries
RequirementsWho you are
We’re looking for an ambitious commercial intern, with a strong passion for food and startups! We are building the strongest commercial team in the UK to support Gousto’s growth and you can be part of this very exciting story. The ideal candidate will have a commercial mindset and is eager to learn the fundamentals of buying and supply chain. Energy, proactiveness and being data-driven is a must!
You’ll sit in the Commercial & Buying marketing team and report to a Buying Manager who will be responsible for your growth and day to day excitement. We expect you to hit the ground running, but we’ll be always there to guide you and support you along the way.
More specifically, you’ll:
- Have a degree from a top tier university
- Be curious about the recipe kit market and understand our potential
- Want to get stuck in, and learn fast
- Research - a desire to deeply understand and map supply chains to interrogate cost structures and quality to release value
- Customer focus - a healthy obsession with quality for our end customer
- Team-player - excellent collaboration skills supported by strong emotional intelligence
- Organisation - structured communication and planning in a fast-paced environment
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks