Head of Insight & Customer Strategy
Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech are at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
Who you are
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Head of Insight & Customer Strategy to join our Proposition team and help us create the best product & service for our ever-growing customer base. You’ll lead all Consumer & Customer planning, helping Gousto become even more customer obsessed-focused. You will be responsible for providing visionary leadership ensuring insight is at the heart of everything we do at Gousto, enabling us to step change the customer experience and become the UK’s favourite way to eat dinner.
You’ll have a natural curiosity about what makes people tick, be adept at interpreting data and trends, whilst being highly articulate to explain these insights to people across the business. You’ll be a natural influencer, as comfortable presenting to our Board and new joiners.
You will have strong experience with primary & secondary quantitative, and qualitative research in the consumer products and technology sectors, ideally in both agency & client roles, developing insights and bringing the implications into strategic business planning.
The successful candidate will have the experience and confidence to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and data-hungry environment – someone who thrives on the excitement of a growth company and can support this with sound insights and strategic implications.
You’ll need to demonstrate how you push for the best at all times and are passionate about creating success through understanding and championing the customer. You'll have excellent communication skills to make your points head, and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels across the organisation to embed a customer-first approach.
What you’ll do
- Lead consumer & customer insight strategy as well as the yearly plan and help input to the longer term 3 year plan
- Lead consumer and customer insight and trends and inspire others, whilst developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across Innovation, Food, Marketing & Digital Product.
- Lead best practice consumer planning and opportunity identification through a deep understanding of consumer needs and motivations.
- With your team, continually unearth new insights to lead the market and help develop the best possible proposition, brand and digital experience.
- Co-lead innovation pipeline projects, identifying gaps and opportunities for innovation in the market. Support the development of concepts with our innovation team to deliver consumer centric innovation, optimised through consumer research and validation
- Leads by example and role models the Gousto Ownership Principles, mentor and coach direct reports, and the wider functional teams, motivating them to deliver best in class work that helps drives an improved customer experience
- Effectively managing the insight budget, working proactively with direct reports and stakeholders to ensure the needs of the business will be met through a relevant insight plan
- An experienced team leader across Insights with the ability to inspire and engage direct reports to be the best they can be
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors and influence at senior level inc C-suite & CEO
- Expertise across consumer & customer research including innovation, brand, user experience and shopper/ growth with super-strength in at least 2 areas.
- Experience of in-house research tools & methodologies (online sources, surveys, interviews etc.) and experience of managing agency relationships ensuring best business outcomes
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written & presentations skills
- Analytical degree with minimum 2:1 achieved from a top-tied university; MBA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in insight roles, e.g.: market research, consumer planning
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite software.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday social - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
- Help test new recipes at home
- Gym Membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events